Wow, that is all I can say about 2019 it was a year of travel visiting six new countries and many new cities, and I cannot believe how this year has gone, I thought I 'd get to see two or three countries, not six as this a huge number and I left my continent twice. But this blog post is a round off-post reviewing what has happened this year and what is still to come and I will try to link as many posts as possible.
1) GERMANY - The first country I visit this year was Germany as I took my best friend for her 21st birthday to Berlin, which was somewhere we had been dying to visit for as long as I can remember, as we were both interested in exploring the history of the country. Berlin did not disappoint as it was a beautiful city full of history and culture. But one thing which shocked me was how cold it was, I am British I am used to the cold but this was a different cold as it was as cold as -13. Some of my highlights of Berlin were visiting the Eastside Gallery, exploring checkpoint Charlie and seeing the memorial of the murdered Jews of Europe.
2) AUSTRALIA - This was my first time visiting Australia and was a family holiday visiting my aunt and uncle who live in Brisbane but we also got to visit Cairns and Tangalooma Island. This trip was a dream and allowed me to visit so many places I had been longing to see for so long, as I finally got to visit Australia zoo, The great barrier reef and Kuranda. This trip has made me love Australia and I could easily go back to within a heartbeat and would go back and explore the same areas but also dying to explore the Red Centre, Port Lincoln and Melbourne. But Australia was a highlight for me and will always have a special place in my heart.
3) DENMARK - This is was last minute birthday trip and was my first solo trip and my first trip to Scandinavia. This was a massive stepping stone for me as it allowed me to explore a new type of travel and I truly loved Copenhagen and is somewhere I want to explore more of in the future. This trip was truly amazing and allowed me to realise I could travel on my own and I am so glad I chose Copenhagen to be the first place I visited.
4) NORWAY - Visiting Norway was something I never planned on happening this year, but when I was given three days off together and a quick look on sky scanner I ended up booking a last-minute flight to Bergen which was one of the best decisions I made as it is off the typical backpacker route so allowed me to push myself out of my comfort zone much more than I was able to in Copenhagen. Norway was completely breathtaking and I cannot wait to go back and explore more in the future.
5) CANADA - Second big trip of the year which was super exciting and was the first time I've done a fully organised with Contiki which was amazing! I did Canada and the Rockies tour I could not recommend it highly enough as I loved every second of it. I got to explore the west coast of Canada which was so high on my bucket list and I'm so glad I did this tour as it did not disappoint at all. So much so I could happily do the same tour again. Canada was a dream come true and I cannot wait to go back and explore more of it or even explore the same areas again.
6) THE CZECH REPUBLIC - This was my last trip of the year but was certainly an amazing one as central Europe is one of my favourite places to visit and was so happy to finally got to visit Prague which I had been wanting to visit since visiting Bratislava over two years ago and it did not disappoint at all! Prague had all the things which I love cheap beer, history and stunning scenery. This was another solo trip which allowed me to push myself even further and with each trip I have been able to see myself grow which is amazing.
Overall I am so happy with all the trips I go to do this year and have already got one trip planned for next year which is a massive trip which I am so excited for, but more on that next time.
Ashleigh xx Here is a discount code, to give you £25 off your first trip over £55. www.airbnb.co.uk/c/ashleighh1808